Our Trans Youth Conference is over for this year!
We had our first Trans Youth Conference on Saturday 8th of November 2014. It was well attended with almost 120 young trans people coming along, and as such we organised another one for November 2015.
- This year’s conference was from 9am – 5pm on Saturday 14th November in Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham.
- It was open to all young trans and gender variant people, and to trans youth groups.
It was free to attend, and there’s a travel bursary to help with getting there.
- This year’s theme was education, and there’ll be a panel to meet with and challenge educators from across the UK on trans youth issues that affect you.
Films & Media
A report has been published of this year’s Conference and feedback from those
who came along. Many thanks to everyone who came along and participated, and hope to see you next year!
- You can read the Conference report here
- The young people at one workshop developed a Trans Charter for Education
Many thanks to our sponsors for this year’s Conference: GIRES, The ATL, NASUWT and the
National LGB&T Partnership. Many thanks also to this year’s venue, the New Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.
- 09:00 Registration
- 09:30 Welcome by Emma Cusdin MC
Last year’s competition winners’ certificates given
Strapline competition announced
- 09:45 Interactive activity to get people talking and at ease
- 10:15 Workshops 1
- Write your own trans visibility lessons for schools
- Dealing with the Media workshop
Perspectives of non-binary and intersex people – who are we?
- Zine Making workshop
- 11:15 Access break
- 11:30 Panel
- 13:00 Lunch
- 14:00 Workshops 2
- Successfully transitioning in school and education (knowing your rights)
- Film-making workshop
- “Addressing transphobia rocks!”
Fitness and health – practical and how to improve sports for trans young people.
- 15:00 Workshops 3
- Charter for schools by young trans people
- BME trans workshops
- “The best and worst of trans info online”
- Yoga and movement
- 16:00 Wrap-up, shout outs, evaluations, competition
- 16:45 Close